Flax Sprout Seed
Available in: Organic and Conventional
Flax have long, been used for its nutrional value. They are commonly used added into cereals, cooked in bread, or eaten as a smoothie. The Sprouts are a good source of antioxidants, vitamins A, B, C, E, all the essential amino acids, calcium, magnesium, iron, niacin, phosphorus and potassium.
Flax seeds are a more difficult to sprout than other seeds because of their mucilage. When water is added to the seeds, the hard hulls absorb the water and form a "gel-sack" around each seed. Because of that gel sack flax cannot be sprouted in a regular sprouter. They must be sprouted on a medium, such as a paper towel, or purchased vermiculite medium.
- Used in cooking bread, or made into a smoothie
- Good source of anitoxidents, vitamins, calcium, and protein
- Great for vegetarian and vegan dishes
- Easy to prepare and store
- Sprouting Size: 1-3 inches
- Seed Type: Flax
- Exterior Sprout Color: White, green
- Primary Usage: Food processing, gardening, commercial
- Maturity: 1 - 5 Days
- Hybrid Status: Open Pollinated
- MOQ: 50 LBS
The primary shipping method utilized by Caudill Sprouting is to ship seeds on a pallet. These order will traditionally be shipped out on less than load (LTL) carriers; however, we also have the capabilities to ship via full truckload (FTL). It is our objective to have orders without any special conditions out within 48 hours of the placement of the order.
Concerning sample orders, our preferred method of shipping is with the United Parcel Service (UPS). Samples are subject to product charges, as well as, shipping charges.